23rd Annual Statewide Conference to End Homelessness
2016 BREAKOUT SESSIONS
The Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness proudly presented the 23rd Annual Statewide Conference to End Homelessness at the Black Canyon Conference Center in Phoenix, AZ, on Wednesday, September 21st and Thursday, September 22nd. This conference, the only statewide conference of its kind solely meant for homeless service professionals and advocates, brings together professionals from across Arizona, and the country, for a two-day event which is meant to energize and allow for idea and information sharing across Arizona about best practices in ending homelessness.
This year, we were excited to bring you over 50 different breakout sessions split into 8 tracks, featuring 97 presenters who are experts in their field, ready to share their knowledge and best practices with the over 550+ homeless service professionals who attended. This year's tracks were: Direct-Service, Management, Connection to Benefits, Youth & Families, Social Justice, Statewide Work, Rural & Frontier AZ, and Homeless School Liaisons.
AZCEH HAS GONE MOBILE, AND WE AREN'T LOOKING BACK!
For the third year, our conference app, Guidebook, was the EXCLUSIVE place to read ALL the session descriptions and get the latest on session changes. We proudly provided presenter bios for our over 100 presenters. It also included exclusive info about our amazing2016 sponsors,the official 2016 conference digital booklet, and bios of our two keynote speakers,Mr. Jeff Olivet, President and CEO of Center for Social Innovation, andMs. Liz Warren, Director of the South Mountain Community College Storytelling Institute.
CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
(For the most up-to-date schedule, please visit Guidebook)
Check out all the amazing tracks and sessions enjoyed this year!
Additionally, we were pleased to again provide presentation documents on our key USBs. If you were not in attendance, please click on the corresponding presentation documents for all sessions in which a PowerPoint presentation or handout was provided to AZCEH by the presenter(s).
• Crisis Services, Recovery & Peer Involvement
• When Stories Shared Require Care: Utilizing Mental Health First Aid to Support Permanent Housing
• Verbal De-Escalation & Effective Communication
• Beyond CIT: Collaborative Strategies for Improving Crisis Care & Public Safety
• Recovery Support Technologies: Pioneering New Models of Substance Abuse Recovery Services
• Hoarding Behaviors & Neighborhood Living
• Our Stories of Inspiring Hope on the Crisis Line
• Seeking Safety: LGBTQ+ Adults Seeking Services
• Grassroots & Homegrown: The Story of Deep Within Recovery
CONNECTION TO BENEFITS TRACK
• YES! All AHCCCS Members Are Eligible for Medicaid-Covered Support Services
• Medical Respite for the Homeless
• SOAR Works...In Arizona!
• Circle the City: Innovation Through Collaboration
SOCIAL JUSTICE TRACK
• People Experiencing Homelessness Deserve Social Justice, Too!
• Building Wealth for Everyone
• Storytelling As Advocacy
• Transition from Jail to Community and the Intersection Between Homelessness, SMI, and Criminal Justice Involvement
Presented by Amanda Caldwell, Justin Hernandez, Nina Targovnik, and Zach Dorn (Community Legal Services of Arizona)
Click for PPT #1 | Click for PPT #2
STATEWIDE WORK TRACK
• Arizona's CoCs Working to End Homelessness
• It Takes a Village
• Better Bucks: A Compassionate Response to Panhandling
• The Art of Outreach
• Nuisance Laws & Homelessness: The New Exclusionary Zoning
• Arizona Department of Veterans' Services Statewide Plan to End Homelessness Strategy Session
• Funders & Providers - Essential Collaboration
• Permanent Supportive Housing from a Development Perspective
• Advocacy: Where Stories Matter Most
• Advocacy: Policy Listening
• Rapid Re-Housing: Working Together as a Continuum
• AZCEH Open Board Meeting
Presented by Andi Fetzner (Arizona Trauma Institute)
Click for PPT
• Collaboration & Alignment: Engaging Behavioral Health in Housing
• Multifamily Industry Helping to End Homelessness
• Questions & Answers About Arizona's State Budget
YOUTH & FAMILIES TRACK
• Creating a Forever Network
• The Rainbow Connection: How to Support and Serve Transgender Individuals in Homeless Provider Settings
• Ending Family Homelessness
• Strategies for Providing Affirming Trauma-Informed Services for Unstably Housed LGBTQ+ Young Adults
RURAL & FRONTIER AZ TRACK
• Juniper House Re-Entry Housing in Northern Arizona
• Balance of State Continuum of Care Meeting
• Rural Collaboration: Engaging Unlikely Partners
HOMELESS SCHOOL LIAISON TRACK
• Day in the Life of....Roles & Responsibilities of Liaisons
• McKinney Vento 101
• Creating Healing Environments
• Educating the Whole MV Chile: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) and Data-Driven Services
• Join Us at the Table